First Post 2016-17
Welcome to the first post of 2016-17!
The weather today was not great, grey, dull, cooler so the hosiery came out to play. I always knew this blog would give people a whole lot of useless information and as you can see my first blog last year was when I set up around the third week of Sept. By then I had been wearing tights for about a week. Which means that the weather changed considerably around mid Sept, which is happening again this year too. See I’m offering meteorological insight as well as leg fashion advice!
This year being my second year of blogging will include new additions and also my award winners and runner ups.
Today’s tights of the day are Golden Lady diamond fishnets. Winner of May 2016, worn three times and unfortunately deceased after this wear due to holes in both big toe areas. They won because of the gorgeous, clear and vibrant pattern. The sun failed to materialise so they also lasted the whole day.
Third Award Instalment, May, June, July 2016
These last three months have only yielded a total of 14 excellent entrants,
May saw 8 candidates:
- Runner up, Charnos Ultra sheer holdups
- Runner up, Stop and Stare Dandelion
- Runner up, Golden Lady floral
- Winner, Golden Lady diamond fishnets
June started to get a little warmer and so only 4 entries,
And finally July, with the weather hotting up two pairs of holdups,
Sadly we have had to bid farewell to a few of our friends. They have served us well, giving warmth when cold, joy when we’re down, excitement when it’s been monotonous. sparkle when dull.
- Cream tattoo leg print
- Grey Argyle/tartan mock socks
- Despicable Me mock stockings
- Fiore Lavis
- Links and Chains
- Black vertical stripes
And for the ones we nearly lost:
Both succumbed to ladders but with a bit of DIY and luck with ladder positioning these two pairs of hosiery will live another day.
This my friends is the end of the end of season special report. Summer finally came in parts of July and definitely in August. I’ve spent this time finding storage for all my hosiery and to gather more. I have to mention my new friends! Mystockings, who have a wonderful and gorgeous supply of Ballerina hosiery and now Stop and Stare and Virivee which I’m dying to try and Collant.fr, over in France, for continental options. I can’t wait for the colder weather to start. I have loads and loads of new stuff to show you as well as fitting in some old favourites. I also have to introduce you to more new friends starting with legitup!
Second Award Instalment, Jan, Feb, March, April 2016
January, another difficult month to judge with a massive hoard collected over my birthday and Christmas the selection was top notch. Special mention to the Gipsy diamond grid which possessed so many hidden touches. Out of 17 possibilities, here are my choices
- Runner up Calvin Kein patterned fishnets
- Runner up Trasparenze Chelsea
- Runner up Charnos lace top holdups
- Runner up Gipsy Diamond grid
- Winner Omsa aubergine Memory
February, was a month of planned patterned weeks. The upside of this is the anticipation of what I’m going to wear. The downside is having enough hosiery to complete a whole theme week. Oh well… more shopping!
In March, lots of bold patterns to choose from a selection of 19.
April, another batch of 19,
- Runner up, Trasparenze Odeline
- Runner up, Adrian Lora
- Runner up, Tesco spots
- Winner, after a quick change of mind, Trasparenze Showtime
First Award Instalment, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2015
Welcome to the first award instalment of the Hose of Fun, End of Season Awards! Tonight we’ll be celebrating the months of September, October and November 2015.
September, an easy month to judge. Only 9 entrants,
October, second month of blogging and 20 posts to choose from,
November, an extremely busy month with the highest number of entries at 25,
- Runner up, Gabriella Arina
- Runner up, Asos Swinging Monkey mock garter
- Runner up, Ballerina no 328
- Runner up, Rainbow Stripe
- Winner, Via Spiga
December, Another busy month with 20 entrants,
Hose of Fun End of Season Awards
As the Summer creeped into view I had an idea for my end of season awards. This post has proved more difficult to compose than I first expected.
- The summer never seemed to come. So I couldn’t officially announce the end of hosiery wearing. I was going to band the last three months into one but looking at the choice I couldn’t decide any winners because they were all winners!
- I started with a list of categories but I love so many pairs for their individuality that I feel I’m doing them an injustice in not picking them. So I’m changing the criteria and looking at each month and awarding the pair that I have or really really want to wear again.
- I am not very clever! I am a methodical person so I went through each month picking a winner and a runner up. I got half way through and was astounded at how easy it had been, too easy! I had a think and realised that I had not looked at all the posts for the months with a heftier number of entries. Duh! Start again!
I, Hose of Fun, officially announce the end of hosiery wearing season 2015-2016 by hosting the “Hose of Fun End of Season Awards”. The results will be posted over the next few weeks, pre hosiery wearing season 2016-2017.
First to open I will present to you the tights that unfortunately we have to say goodbye to. They served us well, providing us with joy and sadness, warmth and draughtiness, fun and comfort but they have climbed that ladder upwards towards hosiery heaven into retirement. Please share a few moments for…
(main picture, left, clockwise)
and also let’s forget these,